Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Internal Dreams

So, I haven't written since last year. Wow, strange to say isn't it. I will be 19 this summer, which means I am almost 20, TWO DECADES! Time flies. I still remember having my little adventures when I was little. Adventures are bigger and much more intense nowadays. As a freshman I already feel the pressure of getting a perfect 4.0 and choosing my major that will determine the rest of my entire life! It all hits me at once sometimes.

I don't want to have a job, or even a career. I want to say I fulfill my dreams everyday, to keep my passion burning strong. I love writing, and though blogs are not exactly my forte', my stories keep me going. Though with this busy college life, stories have been on hold. I am a writer and performer, and that reflects my newest aspiration in life. Opening a studio maybe?

Something small and local. Not for creating famous stars and making millions of dollars, but to make people happy. I am a dancer and singer and I love it more than anything. I have not been blessed with the incredibly tall tiny boned body of a ballerina. Hip hop and contemporary is more my style, but even at my best, I am no Mia Michaels. (One of my favorite choreographers) Singing is the same thing, I have a decent voice, and people like to hear me sing. However, I am no Whitney.

For me it is all about passion, getting up on stage or wherever the performance is, and singing or dancing my heart out. I feel the energy reverberating off of the crowd. I will have knots in my stomach and feel like I want to just scream from butterflies, but the second that first note sounds it goes away. I am in a zone and just live every emotion through each beat or syllable. The feeling is indescribable and is the best feeling in the world, the only time I am truly happy.

I want to give people that feeling. Put on a few small shows throughout the year, maybe one big one. Let everyone live out their dreams. Sure I probably have the talent and stage presence to maybe make a career out of it, but I would want to stick to small gigs and such. Then just teach and help out others, higher a few voice instructors for singing and maybe one or two people to help me out with the dancing.

I helped my friend the other day in my dance class. She struggled with some of the moves and I worked with her to get them right. The look she got on her face when I was done was amazing, and I was so excited to help her. I would love to help whoever I can.


So that is my current dream, give it a few days. Might change. =) My passion stays strong but exerts in different directions constantly.


Peace, Love, & Koalas<3

3 comments:

RachelFerrucci said...

It's great to have goals and dreams. I know you'll accomplish what ever you set your heart and mind to.




Rachel Ferrucci
www.Touchd.net

Aerokat24 said...

awesome Court! But, you will deff be famous one day! Just remember your auntie Kathy!!! Follow my new blog! I am following you on it. The pic is of mommy and I. Love u lots!!

Unknown said...

What great goals to have! I'm a firm believer in Karma and when someone takes the time to help another person it's a coin in your Karma bank. I hope you write more, you got skillz You have a great heart don't let anyone tell you different.