Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Lets talk football...

Yes, I am a chick and a die hard football fan. Born and raised Steelers fan, and I am a loud screaming terrible towel whipping crazed football nut. And Polamalu is my favorite player.=)))

Anyway, we won the AFC North, woot woot. But I have noticed lately how frustrating fans are. I am all for trashing opposing teams, but if you are going to go insane, know what you are talking about. Example, the last game we played with the Ravens wasn't exactly our best game. All the points except for our last TD were field goals. People say we got lucky blah blah blah. But, c'mon, did u see that last drive? It was sick, we just got everything together late, which the Steelers have been doing WAYYY too much. So... last TD.. the STUPID commentators debated about whether the refs would rule it a TD or not because they didn't know if the ball crossed into the endzone. Okay, for those of you who do not know the rules here is how it works. One: the ball needs to cross into the endzone-- Or Two: the player needs possession while having two feet in the endzone, same rule for a completion inbounds. These idiots were talking about whether or not he had the ball across the line. Hey dum dums, the refs were reviewing if he had possesion when his feet were planted.

Ever notice the commentators recently? Except for a few they are all basically football idiots. "Hey they didn't make it on 3rd down so it is 4th down now." Gee thanks, I couldn't have figured that out. Or the "Well, the score is 27 to 14 in the 4th with two minutes left, they really need a touchdown." NOOOOOOOO really?!

Then, I personally get all the time... "You are a girl, you don't know football." Then they get schooled when we talk about the game. really? I played football in the street with a bunch of big giant dudes who threw everyone into the cars when we played "touch". C'mon. But it is annoying to see a girl all decked out in gear saying how much she loves a team and then goes, "What's a first down mean?" (in dumb valley girl voice).

My personal opinion, if you are going to talk football, you cannot just trash everyone, but should be able to discuss the good and bad of your team. I know my Steelers, when it comes to other teams I know key players and follow a bit, but I could care less who they are playing the following Sunday, unless it affects my team. Like Big Ben isn't exactly on fire lately, but he has been doing okay. Plus, any real football fan should realize it is the coaching. I am sorry but Tomlin. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! When you put the same offensive strategy with every single defense, we get a little predictable. Run, run, throw, punt. C'monnnnnnn dude. Yea we got the best defense in the NFL, but I could be a better head coach. Make the adjustments with your offense. And as for the players, it is little mistakes that cost us games. Last game Ben made a couple of bad passses, and passes that should have been caught. Holmes was feeling a little butterfinger like, Washington too, but he redeemed himself at the end.

Though, I am happy to say the Patriots are blowing this year lol. I am from CT and have seen WAYYYYYYYYY too many bandwagon jumpers. Though I haven't seen those fans recently? hmmm wonder why. Personally I think CT should be a Giants fan state. Number one the Pats were suppose to be in CT originally, but left us, and number two I don't really mind the Giants.

Anyway, GOOO STEELERS. We have a shot against the Titans, but they really have to pull it together, no mistakes boys! Tomlin, give Ben good plays and ROCK THIS!


Peace, Love, & Koalas

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope the Steelers beat the Titans. I am a diehard Giants fan but the Steelers are my 2nd fav. The only time I rooted against them was against the Giants a few weeks back.