Sunday, March 15, 2009

a true straight-shooter

Have you ever noticed you never hear the exact advice twice? As much as I would like to help people with their problems, before I do I get every detail I can... Details, those tiny miniscule things that can change an entire perspective of a problem. Figuring out people from their own truths and lies is probably one of the most complicated scenarios life has to offer. Yet, that questioning of others' motives and true feelings, creates all the relationships we as humans have.

I personally try to never lie. I know, it sounds cliche, and you are thinking "yea right everyone lies." You are probably right. When my friend is upset and her cheeks are all puffy, I will tell her she is still as gorgeous as ever so she can get up and feel better. However, when it comes to emotions, to feelings about something, I never lie. To many people I am known as incredibly blunt, though I do it with a sincere tone and do not ever mean to offend or hurt someone. If you do something that bothers me or hurt me, I won't go tell someone else, but you will know and I will explain myself to my best ability.

I made one of my best friends that way, I did not like her, she knew it. However she told everyone that I was "classy" because she knew how I felt before the whole school, and I never said anything catty or "bitchy", I simply stated facts that she did, and why they bothered me. (one of those complicated friends with the same people , boyfriend cheated on me with her things). We realized it was childish and became friends, and that is something I guarantee you do not see every day. Especially for young teens.

Every now and then when I post, I will present my readers with a challenge. Last time was to try to live with the carefree loving of a child. This one, go an entire week without lying. If that is too much start off at a day. Just because you are honest does not mean you have to be rude either.

I have recently been hurt incredibly by someone I cannot figure out due to multiple lies and contradictory actions. If we each started to be more honest and straightforward, maybe that trait would start to pass down. Children see lying constantly and are bred for it. We can make a difference.



Peace, Love, & Koalas<3

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a great challenge! I find myself lying just because I don't want to hurt peoples feelings. I know it's not the right thing to do, but I hate to see people sad. There is so much negativity in this world already people don't need anymore. I will do my best to not lie this week, but I'm not making any promises.
J.

RachelFerrucci said...

This is a tough challenge, you're so right that lying comes naturally when trying not to hurt feeling. I will try to be considerate when if I have to tell the truth, besides the truth is only my opinion right?
Great post!


Rachel Ferrucci
http://Touchd.net