Wednesday, April 1, 2009

"Gotta be BIGGG AND LOUDDDD" =)


For those of you who do not know, that title is from the movie Cats Don't Dance, which is a cartoon and a very good movie!

Also, there is a change to my blog, did you notice? Did ya? I changed the title appropriately to "A day in the life..." This segment of my life can be known as "A day in the life of a college student".

Okay, so now for the point of this. BIG AND LOUD. BOLD. IN YOUR FACE. Without going overboard, these are usually seen as positive qualities in a person. Did you ever notice people around you can greatly effect your boldness level. My family is a bunch of Italians, enough said. However, on top of that, I have been dancing since I was three years old, which put me out there. Recently though, my boldness level seems to have dropped. Now I am still not what you would call a shy person, but for me, it has dropped a great deal.

My reasoning behind this is I put my faith in someone else, and let them make me feel bad about myself. It is amazing how someone who can put you up so high, is the same person who can make you fall as low as you can.

Faith in yourself is key. If you are awesome, KNOW IT, OWN IT. I am not exactly a model. 5'3 (which is considered tall in my family) with an athletic build and curves. But if I didn't tell you I wasn't awesome I would be lying. =) I am pretty sure we all are the best person we can be, if we thought we were not good people we would change that. There are exceptions to the rule, but the point here is confidence. For any of you who have read my Mama's posts (Touch'd) , confidence is sexy.

Okay, this is a short post, but the point of this one is the challenge itself. Many of my challenges I have done I feel are not as difficult for me, they are just how I live. This one however, is going to be more difficult.

CHALLENGE: take a risk. Not an itty bitty tiny one. Do something you normally would not do based on the pure fact that you are too nervous or shy to do it. Go up to that guy or girl, make that big proposal to your boss, dye your hair that crazy color you always wanted. It is something personal, and I know there are times we all look back and say "man, I wish I just did it." So DO IT. Like Nike says =).


Peace. Love. Respect. <3

5 comments:

RachelFerrucci said...

First thing I want to know is who brought you down- cause I'll beat their ass!

Secondly can I tell you I am so proud of the woman you've become! Yes, always go for it! I've been being careful, not wanting to scare people off from Touch'd...staying professional. You reminded me that Touch'd is sexy, sophisticated and edgy. So I'm going to try something that I've wanted to do- Going blonde, short, and funky. Thanks for the reminder.

I love you!!!

Rachel Ferrucci (your mama)
http://mamarucci.wordpress.com

Cecily R said...

Great post, great challenge!

I'm seriously thinking about dying my hair purple now...what do you think? Would my kids think I was crazy or cool?

Unknown said...

I have to agree with Rachel. I want to know who has tried to bring you down because I too would like smash their face into jelly!!!

Oh boy would I like to tell a couple people at work that they don't need to take life so seriously all the time. If they would lighted up just a little life could be so much better, not just for them, but for the people they come in contact each and everyday.

I do find it easier to tell someone that I don't really care about how I feel about them. What I find hard is telling someone that I care about how I feel about them. I think it's my male DNA that won't let me do it or maybe I'm just a big chicken.

I will take your challenge and try to be "BIG AND LOUD".

tombstone69 said...

you're an amazing spirit.if more people had you're attitude and strength the world would be a better place

Miss Awesome said...

You are pretty awesome. :) And I'm an expert on that stuff lol.

-Yvonne